Students attending Yeshiva Zeev Hatorah must have medical coverage. It could be a US policy covering students abroad (check with your provider), an Israeli Kupat Cholim policy, or any other student medical policies available on the market. Students will not be admitted to the Yeshiva without a policy number. Two popular medical providers for students learning in Israel are AIM and Harel. Meuchedet is about a dollar a day and is a basic insurance policy that will cover most medical costs.
Harel costs a little more, but offer more personal attention in providing you with the right doctors and treatments, and may also cover more of the medical costs.
To Sign-up to Harel please click here
To Sign-up to Meuchedet please click here
Masa Israel is a joint project of the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency for Israel. If eligible (see below) you can receive a grant of $1,000 towards your tuition and may also be eligible for a scholarship of $3,000 towards tution.
If you answer YES to the first and last question, and NO to the other five questions, then you will have passed the pre-approval page, and will be taken to the application form. (Iif you answer anything differently that means that you are not eligible for MASA funding). See full instructions below:
Please note: Our program name is “Yeshiva Zeev HaTorah”
To be eligible for a universal grant through Masa Israel Journey, you must:
- Be a graduate of a secondary school and/or between the ages of 18 and 30
- Not have Israeli citizenship OR if you do, you must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to receiving your grant
- Have not been on an organized program (including an academic program) of more than four months in Israel since September 2004
To complete your Masa Israel universal grant and/or needs-based scholarship application form, please follow the steps below:
1. Prepare the following information:
- the full name of the program to which you are applying – “Yeshiva Zeev HaTorah”
- your contact information, including a current email address
- If you are applying for a needs-based scholarship, you’ll aslo need your or your parents’ current financial information
2. Carefully read each step of the application. Complete all mandatory fields (marked with *) before moving on to the next step of the application.
3. After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. The email will inclde a PDF file of your application. After verifying that the information in the PDF file is correct, print the last page of the PDF file, sign and date it—we can’t accept digital signatures.
4. Submit this signed last page directly to your Israel program (Mrs. Dunner) by email (email@example.com), fax (732-612-1064 24hrs/day). If you are also applying for a needs-based scholarship, please include the appropriate financial documentation.
Students must have a valid student visa while attending Yeshiva. The 3 month visitor’s visa will not suffice, and a student visa must be acquired before zman starts, and should be valid for the entire year.
Student visas may be arranged in your country of residence (check with your consulate), if not, the visa could be aquired in Israel. Please bring a color photo of the applicant, and approximately $150 to cover associated costs. Further instructions for aquiring visas in Israel will be provided by the Yeshiva upon arrival.
- Masechet Sukah
- Mishnayos – Moed Bais